From the shores of the Hawaiian islands across the Pacific to Micronesia, the Samoas, Japan, Korea, Samoa, the Philippines, and Thailand our goal is to strengthen women as we work together to be leaders in impacting God’s Kingdom throughout the Pacific and Asia.
God bless you and let us know how we can support you. We look forward to partnering with you!
HPBC Women’s Ministry oversees the following:
- Women’s Ministry including an annual Women’s Retreat: Uniting HPBC women for a time of spiritual renewal and fellowship.
- Ministry to Wives in Ministry: Encouraging and supporting women whose families are in vocational ministry
- Woman’s Missionary Union: Focus on missions training and awareness.
The Woman’s Missionary Union (WMU) in Hawaii has been around for more than 70 years. From the beginning of the Baptist work in Hawaii, the women have been involved in the education of children and adults in what is to be a missionary for Christ. From raising awareness of the needs for ministry through the collection of offerings for missions to organizing children through adults to teach missions, the WMU women have been an important part of the church.
Today, the WMU in the church can be a vital part of teaching The Gospel Message of the Great Commission to all ages. Learning about missionaries around the world has encouraged young people to hear God’s call to the mission field. Learning about what it means to be on a mission has brought awareness of the needs of the community around the church and beyond. WMU organizations not only learn about missions, but they are also “hands-on” in actually participating in missions and ministry.
What Can WMU Do for Your Church?
- WMU creates an environment to hear and understand God’s call and receive nurturing in that call.
- WMU creates an awareness and sensitivity toward people of other cultures and languages as people whom God loves.
- Churches with WMU are more likely to have a more actively involved laity in all areas of church missions and ministry.*
- WMU leads people to experience missions personally through mission action and witness.
- WMU develops leaders for missions efforts among all age groups.
- WMU begins at the birth of a child, teaching her or him about God’s great love for all people.
- The activities of those involved in WMU help a church fulfill its mission.
- WMU helps a church stay focused on the commission Jesus gave His followers.
- WMU creates a window to the world.
For lots of WMU information, visit wmu.org.
GHR(Global Hunger Relief) is an initiative of Southern Baptists that was formerly known as the World Hunger Fund. GHR-funded projects combat hunger in North America and around the world in a wide variety of ways, from disaster relief to addressing chronic hunger, from eliminating urban food deserts to helping women rescued from sex trafficking—and much more. To read more about Global Hunger Click HERE.
For more information on Global Hunger Relief, please visit www.globalhungerrelief.com.
Fill Your Tank
There was once was a busy woman. She had so many tasks to accomplish every…Read More
Rose's letter to Women of HPBC
Aloha from Seoul, Korea! My name is Rose Waligora and my husband Jeff “Wally” and…Read More