Forms, Policies and Procedures for Evangelism Ministry Funding 2016
Thanks to the Cooperative Giving of the SBC churches, the Hawaii Pacific Baptist Convention is able to assist HPBC churches in their evangelistic endeavors to see people have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. This year, we encourage churches to seek funding for events, projects, outreaches and training that yield a “significant return” to the local church.
Areas where Funding Assistance Is Available
Training. Evangelism Training ranges from personal evangelism to church evangelism. This could be done within the church or outside the church for the primary purpose of training the local church body of the requesting congregation. Approval percentage is defined by the following criteria:
- 50% – as a general criteria, all evangelism training efforts will be funded by HPBC Evangelism department as funding is available.
- 10% – Increased funding is available for training that is both for personal, church or outreach.
- 20% – The ratio increases for training that has an immediate application. On the Job Training or field application falls in this category.
- 10% – Celebration, testimony before the church or written account of what the Lord has done during or after this training/s increases funding eligibility.
- 10% – When the training or its application is adopted as a church strategy, additional funding can be granted.
Outreach. Evangelism Outreach or project that has the purpose of sharing Jesus and His love to the community.
- 70% – as a general criteria, evangelism outreach is any endeavor that is done by the church to reach people for Jesus.
- 30% – Answers the question “What is the significant impact or return? Does this outreach contribute to the local church? This is expressed under “Additional Information.”
Materials. Evangelistic tools, resources used for effective evangelism or evangelism training. Most common outreach tools are Bibles, Gospel Tracts, Literature and church promotional. Purchase of equipment cannot be funded.
GPS. God’s Plan for Sharing Fund is a special outreach project/s done in 2016 and 2017 that has the goal to reach “specific” group of people that do not have much gospel influence. In this funding assistance, the church must demonstrate how a certain group of the community need the gospel more than ever.
If you have questions, you may call Michael “Bong” Abagon, Director of Evangelism, Prayer and Worship at (808) 741-6294 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ministry Assitant Lisa Tabudlo can be reached at (808) 356-8325 or email at email@example.com.