Easter events do not have to be daunting. Have a head start and plan with your leaders the best Easter Celebration you can have. Keep the Resurrected Jesus your focus and keep the main focus the main focus. Even then, you still have to look into preparing well. Here are some things for you to consider:
1. Challenge members to invite. People are more likely to say yes to attending church on Easter than any other day of the year.
2. Lookout for the missing volunteer. “In a big church,” writes Karl Vaters of Christianity Today, “when some musicians leave town for Easter weekend, there are plenty to take their place….In a small church, it’s a different story.” Plan out who needs training now to replace those who will be gone. More info here.
3. Plan every detail you possibly can. From an umbrella crew to decision counselors. It’s a lot better to put your effort into this, than the “I wish I should have…”. More info here.
4. Pretend you’re a first time guest and evaluate your church. Solicit fresh eyes to advice what could be easily overlooked. More info here.
5. Plan a follow-up and re-invite guests immediately. This is one day that you should have a visitor information packet. Devise a way to collect their email address and information and pray for a good follow up. Do a “glad-you-came” phone call or send out an invite to your next church event. More info here.
6. Intense Prayer. Let members go into a season of prayer for 3-4 weeks ahead of Easter. Send a short 21 day email prayer guide. Have everyone commit to praying specially for someone to invite.
7. Update your church website. More often than not, your guests will look at your website first before they step into your church. Consider adding “first-time” button.
Don’t ignore the challenges, but at the same time – don’t let them define you. Celebrate the resurrection. Give it your all. Worship. Serve. Love. Give.
Topic: Checklist to Help Your Church This Easter
By Bong Abagon, HPBC Staff Writer
Follow Up articles here:
HPBC Resources for Easter. From Sermon Preparation to Follow Up, here’s a page every pastor and churches need to look into.
4 Ways to Ramp up Your Easter Outreach. There is a science behind church attendance, and a lot of that is “lab work” – more like “hard work”.
Join the Dialogue among church leaders on what and how to prepare for Sunday Easter Service.
Survey. If you joined the dialogue, click here to go the online survey.